Day 1 - May 16th

 




Maureen Nelly Manosca: We helped prepare and pass out breakfast. We also helped preparing lunch and cleaning the area. Working in these areas gave me a perspective on how life is so different from how life is at home. I see that these people have come from different walks of life but nonetheless, they still have a very positive outlook on life. It gave me a sense of gratitude when they strike a conversation with me about, they’re about to do that day, seeing as they have their own jobs big or small and take huge pride in that. After a tiring half day, I felt as though I couldn’t complain as much because the staff in the back were still up and at it. I give them huge props for waking up early mornings and staying late nights every day to help this community out and it makes me feel more faithful in not just myself but for others.  

 

Paula: We went to Skid Row early in the morning to help with breakfast. Even if we arrived a little late, we immediately started helping everybody in the kitchen. But mostly, we helped prepare and pass out breakfast. But after breakfast we also helped preparing lunch by doing activities such as cutting peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, among others, and even helping to sort out donations from Starbucks. Honestly this day has helped me open my eyes in many ways. First, I thought of the worse, but it mostly taught me of how even just smiling and greeting people can make anybody’s day better. And even if we were pretty tired, we did analyze of the situation of workers (and volunteers, which I am impressed) who wake up before us and leave way after us, and do what we did every day, I was speechless and honestly, I take my hat off for them of how their effort is paying off. We gave our everything, we gave our tiredness to the Lord, and we saw the results from that.

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8-May 22

Day 6- March 20